Saturday, April 12, 2008

A church important to the Miller family

This is Lee Memorial Presbyterian Church in Winston-Salem, N.C. Brother Miller wrote of it:

I attended this church from the time it was built in the early 1930s until I went back into the Army in 1950. Cissie was married here, and my mother's funeral was conducted here. For some reason, my dad's funeral was at Voglers Funeral Home, I think because there was not enough room in the church. Prior to this, the church was a wooden structure [below] located directly behind the church's present location. Although the first minister was Rev. Lee, the first pastor I remember was Rev. Clark, then Rev. Garrison and lastly Rev. Bryan.



In November 2011, during a tour of Winston-Salem, my first cousins Dee Ann Edwards and David Edwards and I stopped at the former Lee Presbyterian Church, now an A.M.E. church. Their parents, William Edwards and Arline "Cissie" Miller Edwards, were married there.

No comments: